The procedures to be followed by students to gain admission to the university in both undergraduate and master’s programs are as follows:
- Students will meet or speak with an academic advisor to select an educational objective and complete initial enrollment.
- Students have to collect application forms from the Admission Office submitting the nonrefundable application form fee.
- Completed and signed application form has to be submitted in the Admission Office along with the above mentioned papers as per requirement.
- Students who will be selected by the admission authority will be given permission for admission.
- Students must be physically present at the time of admission.
- Finally, students will submit all necessary documents relevant to the respective degree programs, together with the admission fee to the Accounts Office.
- After completion of all procedures of admission, a student will be a proud student of Stamford University, but university authority reserves the right to take any decision against the admission of any student if required.
Admission of any student will be cancelled for the following reason(s):
- If a student does not continue 2 trimesters consecutively without the prior permission of the university authority; I lf a student does not pay his dues in due time;
- If a student violates the rules and regulations of the university;
- If the authority takes any disciplinary action against a student for some specific reasons;
It is to be noted that the admission fee is nonrefundable.
If a student's admission is cancelled due to the above reason(s), he/she will have to get re-admission with the permission of the proper authority provided he/she wish to continue his/her study at the university but it is not a fundamental right.
Re-admission procedures are as follows:
- Students should submit a re-admission application at least one month prior to the beginning of the trimester he/ she plans to enter for the permission of the university authority for re-admission.
- Before re-admission, he/ she will have to pay his/ her previous full dues.
- At the time of re-admission he/ she will have to pay TK. 5,000.00 (five thousand) as re-admission fee.
- Re-admission form will be available at the Admission Office.
Note: University authority reserves me right to cancel the candidature/admission of a student for false statement or without showing any cause.
Campus for a particular student is determined at the time of admission considering student's choice. Change of campus can only be considered if student's residence is changed to new location and her/his guardian appeal for campus change. Tk. 500 (five hundred) is applicable for campus change.
Validity of Studentship
Valid Student: The candidate who have been qualified in admission test or full fill the requirements of direct admission, having a valid ID, provided by the admission office will be considered as a valid student of Stamford University.
A student of Bachelor program can take maximum of 2 years additional time to complete her/his degree. For example, normal duration of Bachelor Program is 4 years and maximum additional time is 2 years, so a student must have to complete the degree within 6 years. In-case of re-admission, validity will be computed from the date of admission. That is, students must have to be re-admitted within a reasonable time that she/ he can complete the degree in a total duration of 6 years.
A student of Master program can take maximum of 2 years additional time to complete her/his degree.
A student can change her/his current program by showing reasonable causes, but it is not a fundamental right.
Program change procedures are as follows:
- Student can apply for program change within a reasonable time considering the validity of studentship (mentioned above).
- Program change can be done only at the beginning of a trimester and student must have to match basic admission requirement of the respective trimester.
- Student has to collect Program Change form (Form # 113) to get clearance from concerned departments and divisions.
- To change program student needs clearance from:
- Accounts Division by paying all previous dues and program change fee.
- Library clearance.
- ‘No objection’ clearance from the Chairman of current department and the Chairman of intended department.
- Consent from Registrar Office.
- If everything is acceptable, Admission Office will give the student a new Id of the intended program.